Saturday, October 13, 2012

More Ideating


Got class tomorrow morning at 8am but couldn't fall asleep so I decided to post since I'm a bit overdue. Product2 went alright today. Going through the process of developing an idea based off of research and core findings is frustrating at the least. When I do "find" the idea that I want to pursue that fulfills all my design requirements and criteria, I'll be very happy. Here are some sketches from last weeks ideating. We were supposed to build on the previous weeks' work but since I didn't like any of my ideas, I basically took my design drivers and focused on the story of the toy, not the way it functions and works. Letting go of trying to figure out how this toy functions helped tremendously even though my instructors wanted me to take the concepts I developed, and take them in a different direction. The sketches themselves were fairly weak this time around. Because I was a bit stressed, I forgot to let loose on my foundation lines so things look a bit "square" or stiff. Once I remembered to let go and not really be concerned on the initial lines, the sketches started to get better. But for the most part, the composition of my pages and perspective views I utilized were nothing special, and a bit boring. Flat would be the right word. Not dynamic enough. Enjoy. Click To Enlarge.





No comments:

Post a Comment