Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 6 and 7

This past week was week 7, which means midterms. Before this past week, I had only pulled one all-nighter and that was for my Viscom1 final in 1st term. This past week I ended up pulling two, one for Viscom and 3DFund midterms, and the other for Product2. I had 3 midterms due in two days and this definitely was the hardest I've ever worked at ACCD. I certainly do not have it the hardest, I'm sure people have gone twice as long without sleep working on much harder classes. But I can now say I've stayed awake for 54 hours straight literally working on one thing or another for the whole duration. Its amazing what the body and mind can accomplish when locked in, running from the fear of getting caught in the disappointment of missing a deadline. Back in high school I couldn't concentrate on homework for more than 45 minutes to an hour before I would go outside, shoot some hoops, or open up the laptop to play some CSS, feeling half guilty that I was fictionally killing terrorists while literally killing time that very much needed to be used for a better cause. Throwing away my weekend and not being productive was my fault and the cause for this whole debacle. 

Here are some sketches from the last two weeks. This past weeks sketches for Product2 were really really weak. I was so tired when I sketched them, and their strictly mechanical nature was not enticing enough of a sketching treat to enthuse me to produce some visually pleasing compositions. However, great practice for drawing things that need to be relatively simple, very clean so they read one way and one way only because when drawing gears, you need the viewer to see it the way you know it to be. You don't want them to have their own interpretation, you want them to for once to exactly mirror your own. And got one page of some bike parts. This is the first time I've used grey paper so I am still understanding the nuances of the white pen. Last night I tried sketching for fun as a treat to myself but only got that one page done before I was too tired to continue. Click To Enlarge. 









No comments:

Post a Comment