Sunday, December 30, 2012

Live and Learn

Last term ended so hectically that I didn't have time to sketch on my Friday or Saturday nights after Week 8. And the day after term ended I flew to Norcal and Asia. I will post the sketches I have been working on when I get back to the states and have my trusty little scanner. 

Product2 did not end the way I had intended it to, but I did learn an unbelievable amount from the experience. Not finishing has got to be one of the worst feelings. But finishing something that doesn't meet my standards feels just as bad. I need to learn to find a balance but at least I am now aware of this and will always keep it in mind with my future projects. Lessons on time management and planning will also be applied to all future projects.

Currently I'm designing the rear fenders of motorcycles. I was told by Jeff, our Product3 teacher, that we should analyze ergonomics over break. In Asia, where I am currently, I noticed on the back of pretty much every bike is a set of handles. Some integrated well into the bike's form, others look like they were an after thought. As cliche as it sounds, its a good practice for me in terms of trying to find a balance between form and function. I'll post these when I get back to the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment